Water damage is a common problem that affects mobile phones. Whether you spill a drink, submerge your phone in water, or experience high humidity, water can damage your phone’s internal components. In this article, we will discuss the effects of water damage on your mobile phone, as well as what can be done to prevent and recover from it.
Water damage to mobile phones can cause the following effects:
Several minerals and impurities are present in water, which can lead to corrosion and rusting of phone components. There can also be issues with the battery, the phone’s circuitry, and other parts of the phone if this happens.
2. Short Circuit:
Water can cause a short circuit when it comes in contact with a mobile phone’s circuitry, which can damage the phone’s components permanently. If water creates low resistance paths between the electrical components of the phone, a short circuit may occur.
The phone’s internal components can also oxidize due to water exposure, which results in slow performance and decreased battery life.
4. Malfunctioning of Components:
There are various components of a mobile phone that can malfunction or stop working for no apparent reason due to water damage. Among these components are the camera, speaker, microphone, touch screen, and others.
5. Data Loss:
There is also the possibility that water damage will result in the loss of data stored on the phone. In this case, it can be a list of contacts, messages, pictures, and other important information.
After Water Damage, Take These Steps:
1. Power off your phone:
The first thing you need to do after water damage is turn off your phone. Taking this step will prevent further damage and provide a better chance for recovery.
2. Remove the battery:
Taking out the removable battery of your phone immediately after shutting it off is a good idea. The phone will be protected from further damage if the battery does not short-circuit.
3. Dry the phone:
Ensure that any visible water is removed from the surface of the phone using a clean, dry cloth. Dry the phone with a hair dryer on the cool setting. It is best to avoid using hot air on the phone because it can cause further damage to its components.
4. Place in rice:
Alternatively, you can place the phone in an uncooked rice container. Rice acts as a desiccant, removing moisture from phones. Do not take the phone out of the container for more than 24 hours.
5. Try turning on the phone.
When the phone has been in the container for 24 hours, remove it from it and try turning it on again. It may not turn on the second time you dry it. If it doesn’t turn on, repeat the drying process.
You can contact https://www.mobilerepairfactory.com.au/ if you have any water water-damaged mobile phones with any issues. We can cater to your need fast and fix your mobile phone as soon as possible.